At Grampians Music Festival we’re passionate about fostering a culture of positive change in the Australian Music Industry. Inspired by the Your Choice initiative, we’ve built a safe space policy to maximise fun, enforce shared responsibility and encourage mutual respect between musos, staff, and music lovers alike.
Safe spaces = good vibes, and a weekend filled with a bunch of beautiful music discoveries, new mates, and a whole lot of dancing in the sunshine.
- Everyone has a right to safe, personal space.
- No means no.
- Everyone has the right to experience a good time, free of judgement from others.
- Everyone has a responsibility to watch out for their mates, including reporting any instances of unwanted harassment or inappropriate behaviour as soon as they occur.
- Everyone should be aware of their human surroundings, and awake to the very real possibility of assault that is present in our culture.
We have a zero tolerance for:
- Abusive, discriminatory language related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion
- Verbal and physical intimidation
- Unwanted physical contact
- Inappropriate sexual attention and objectification
Patrons, volunteers, staff and artists must:
- Respect the personal space of others
- Be aware of physical surroundings
- Speak up. Report any instance of discriminatory language, or behaviour as soon as they occur
- Respect the decisions of others. No really does mean no!
If you witness or are the victim of any of this behaviour, please immediately speak to one of our security guards or staff. We take these matters very seriously and will act accordingly.